Since 1977, Tek makes its products only with natural materials fully respecting the environment.
Tek is an Italian company which produce 100% FSC certified wooden brushes and combs and products that are a must for every hairdresser with a special attention to the environmental protection. Every single component of Tek’s wooden products is created following sustainable principles. Tek’s products combine Made in Italy craftsmanship and technology, without ignoring design and fashion. Tek’s products are dedicated to different cosmetic and beauty market areas like beauty salons, perfumery, herbalist’s shops and pharmacies.
The company was born in 1977 based on an idea of Giulio Valsecchi and entered in the Italian market with a patented unique product: a brush with wooden bristles. The choice of the material was made on the base of its highest specific qualities, ideal for the beauty and health of both hair and body.
Tek was immediately confirmed as an innovative and winning company. Its products were exhibited at the MOMA (Modern Art Museum of New York) and the company have received a prizes in the Honour Selection of the Gran Design international exposition at The Museum of Science and Technology of Milan. In 2000, to reinforce their leadership in the professional area, Tek creates Ceramik System: the first brush that use aerospace technology in order to guarantee to professional hairstylists a perfect brushing. The Ceramik brushes are the result of an innovative technology: on the roll there is a special ceramic silicon carry-over applied by a special laser technology.
Tek’s products are 100% hand made in Italy. Rigorously realized by hand and in Italy, Tek’s products are characterized by high quality and a particular attention to design and trend without forget about the craft tradition that distinguished our country time after time.
Made in Italy for Tek is synonymous of:
- Craftmanship: every accessory is handmade by qualified Italian staff, so the company can guarantee a production that works with higher ethical standards avoiding the use of child labour
- Attention to details: all items are controlled individually before packaging
- Attention to the environment: all the wood used come from forests where take place the re-plantation in order to avoid the wild deforestation
- Quality: Tek continues the research into new technologies in order to create always more innovative products
- Beauty: a fashionable color palette and a sophisticated design make TEK’s products unique.
Tek don’t produce only under their own brand, but have formed partnerships with famous companies such as Emporio Armani, L’Oreal, Kerastase, Wella, Victoria’s Secret and many others.
Tek is also characterized by the environmental awareness present in all the production chain:
- The woods came from responsible and well managed forests
- It’s used a natural “caucciù” rubber to avoid the use of oil derivative
- The finishing part, hand made, is realized on the base of sustainable principles with the use of linen oil and bee wax colored with vegetal aniline.
- The packaging is made of natural carton produced in accordance with the Well Managed Forest that certify that the support carton fiber are coming from forests with integrated sustainable cultivation
All TEK’s products are certified FSC®, Forest Stewardship Council, a mark that identifies products which contain wood coming from forests managed correctly and responsibly according to strict environmental, social and economic standards. In March 2017, TEK added the prestigious B Corp® Certification. B Corp® companies are for-profit companies who have chosen to go through the evaluation process to uphold the meticulous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. All products of the Ceramik line are tested by ISTEC-CNR, Institute of Science and Technology for Ceramic Materials – National Research Council, which certifies that the products are coated with ceramic material based on aluminum oxide. Tek also uses Pure Energy, RECS certified electrical energy, and participates in the development of energy production from renewable sources such as sun, wind and water.
The continuing growing into the discover of always new technologies ensures TEK will constantly improve the quality and style of its products, creting beautiful and performant accessories. TEK continues with immense passion to propose to professional hair stylists (B2B) as well as individual clients (B2C) products which are more and more efficient.
TEK IN THE WORLD
Abroad, where the “Made in Italy” is a guarantee of high-quality products and beauty, the TEK’s products have been accepted with enthusiasm; TEK is in more than 20 nations in all the five continents, TEK has been able to spread its love for the beauty and health of hair and for the nature all over the world. In February 2017 TEK approaches the US market and opens its e-commerce aimed to the US B2C and B2B customers.