MISSION Tek is an Italian company producer of 100% natural wooden brushes and combs and products that are at the leading edge for hairdressing professionals with a particular attention to the environmental protection. Every single component of Tek’s wooden products is realized following sustainable principles.
Tek’s products combine Made in Italy craftsmanship and technology, without ignore the design and the fashion factor. Tek’s products are dedicated to different cosmetic and beauty market areas like beauty salons, perfumery, herbalist’s shops and pharmacies.
The company was born in 1977 based on an idea of Giulio Valsecchi and entered the Italian market with a patented unique product: brushes with wooden bristles. The choice of the material was made on the base of its highest specific qualities, ideal for the beauty and health of both hair and body.
Tek was immediately confirmed as an innovative and winning company. Its products were exhibited at the MOMA (Modern Art Museum of New York) and the company have received a prizes in the Honour Selection of the Gran Design international exposition at The Museum of Science and Technology of Milan. In 2000, to reinforce their leadership in the professional area, Tek creates Ceramik System: the first brush that use aerospace technology in order to guarantee to professional hairstylists a perfect brushing.
The Ceramik brushes are the result of an innovative technology: on the roll there is a special ceramic silicon carry-over applied by a special laser technology. There followed the creation of a new range of hairdryers and styling irons to satisfy the various needs of the professional hairstylist.
Tek’s products are 100% hand made in Italy. Rigorously realized by hand and in Italy, Tek’s products are characterized by high quality and a particular attention to design and trend without forget about the craft tradition that distinguished our country time after time.
Made in Italy for Tek is synonymous of:
- Craftmanship: every accessory is handmade by qualified Italian staff, so the company can guarantee a production that works with higher ethical standards avoiding the use of child labour
- Attention to detail: all items are controlled individually before packaging
- Attention to the environment: all the wood used come from forests where take place the re-plantation in order to avoid the wild deforestation
- Quality: Tek continues the research into new technologies in order to create always more innovative products
- Beauty: fashion colours and sophisticated design make the products unique Abroad, where the mark “Made in Italy” is a guarantee of quality, the products of Tek have been accepted with enthusiasm and have quickly spread into a lot of countries of the five continents. Tek don’t produce only under their own brand, but have formed partnerships with famous companies such as Emporio Armani, L’Oreal, Kerastase, Wella, Victoria’s Secret and many others.
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
Tek’s research center is constantly on the look to create new technologies that will allow to reach always new levels of innovation. In 2000 with the birth of the Ceramik System, Tek creates the first brush that use the aerospace technology to guarantee a perfect air styling. Today, Ceramik Antibacterial is the brush that eradicate the bacteria. This property have been studied for the professional hairdressers.
CARE FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
Tek is also characterized by the environmental awareness present in all the production chain:
- The woods came from responsible and well managed forests
- It’s used a natural “caucciù” rubber to avoid the use of oil derivative
- The finishing part, hand made, is realized on the base of sustainable principles with the use of linen oil and bee wax coloured with vegetal aniline
- The packaging is made of natural carton produced in accordance with the Well Managed Forest that certify that the support carton fiber are coming from forests with integrated sustainable cultivation
All products of the Ceramik The Original line are certified by ISTEC-CNR, Institute of Science and Technology for Ceramic Materials – National Research Council, who certify that the products are coated with ceramic material on a base of oxidized aluminum. All products in the Tek line are certified FSC, Forest Stewardship Council, mark that identifies the products that contain wood coming from well managed forests following hard environmental, social and economic standards. Tek utilizes Pure Energy, the electricity is certified RECS and participates in the development and research into renewable Energy sources such as solar power, wind power and water power. Pura
The continuing growing into the discover of always new technologies ensures TEK will constantly improve the quality and style of its products, creting beautiful and performant accessories. TEK continues with immense passion to propose to professional hair stylists (B2B) as well as individual clients (B2C) products which are more and more efficient.